Sunday, August 12, 2012

Shopping my Closet

I want something different to wear to church on this cool, fall-like, Sunday morning.
I don't want to spend any money.
I know, I'll take Missus Smarty Pants' advice to Shop My Closet !

Where do I start?
I want to wear my favorite and most comfortable pair of shoes.

I love to wear them but I didn't think I had much to match.

I posted about these shoes before.  But just in case you forgot or don't want to visit that post, here's a quick run-down.  They are vintage Salvatore Ferragamo and were my very first purchase from Etsy. (I've made one more purchase since then that I'll tell you about it in a later post. :)  I got the shoes from a sweet lady named Nancy.  You can visit her shop here. ( I hope she doesn't mind that I kept the picture she made of them and used it again today. It was such a flattering picture of the shoes. : )

So, to my closet I go to put together an outfit starting with my ruby red shoes.

I chose a white, pink, and red striped camisole that I bought in the very early spring at Walmart.  To that I added my handmade white skirt and my thrifted Style & Co. short sleeve lacy cardigan.


I already had the vintage black and white brooch pinned on my handmade purse, so I decided to carry that along.


Since I was feeling pretty spiffy in my "new" outfit, I persuaded sweet hubby, Neil, out of his comfy chair to snap pictures of my outfit before heading out to church.

I think he had too much fun laughing at me this morning.  Okay Neil, thank you but that's enough pictures!


I look forward to a worshipful morning at church and say along with the Psalmist David,


I will sing to the Lord,
for He has been good to me!
Psalm 13:6



This post is linked to:  Visible Monday, Sunny Simple Sunday

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet outfit and you had it all along! I absolutely adore those shoes! Hope your Sunday is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! Love the shoes! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look mah-velous!!! Have a blessed day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that idea of starting with your shoes and then building and outfit - and this one is very pretty! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your fresh and summery outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry!
    Your hubby's doing a great job! Those Ferragamo shoes are REALLY pretty! You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sherry--what a beautiful outfit and a beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I love a red peep toe! Darling kicks:)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog through Missus Smarty Pants. I loved looking at your outfits and I like the "homey" style of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sherry!
    I don't have an email address for you and I hope you won't mind sending it to me, so I can officially tell you that you have won my 1st anniversary blog giveaway. I automatically entered my followers and anyone who made a comment on the blog. I hope you will like your gifts. I'm easy to contact through my profile, just send me an email and please include your address so I can mail your box of goodies. If all is ok with you, I'll be mailing them on Monday, depending on how close Tropical Storm Isaac comes to our house. In the box, I have included an extra not shown on the blog yet, a vintage white cup and saucer, plus a few other things to "go with." I haven't added your win to my blog yet, but will in a little while. Just wanted to tell you myself "in person!" LOL!
    Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry