Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cupcakes and cheese cake on a Rainy Day

We've had so many rainy days in a row now that I'm beginning to turn into a drip and get cabin fever!

So, what to do to brighten up a dreary day?

Well, Monday and Tuesday I cooked....and ate. 
Not a good idea, especially when your taste leans toward the fat/carbs side and you're still trying to get rid of the extra holiday pounds that have leeched onto your body and refuse to leave.

Monday I made potato dumplings.
I ate potato dumplings.

Tuesday, I made cheese cake. 
I ate cheese cake.
Not all of it. 
Really, there is still some left.

Anyway, I had to come up with a better plan for today.  What will take my mind off of the rain...and the rest of the cheese cake? 

So, I jumped in with both feet today and started two crafts as soon as I finished with my homey chores!

I completed one of them and here are the dark, rainy day pictures as proof.

I wanted something bright and cheery to hang from the hooks of my new breakfast room wall art.


Of course my mind went immediately to food.
Sweets!
Cupcakes!

Better to sew them than to eat them my dear!

So here's what I made.
 
 
And oh yes, I rewarded myself for the job well done  with .....
 
what else?

Cheese cake!
 
Now I'm going to grab my umbrella and go for a swim  walk.
 
I hope to be back soon with pictures of my other craft projects!





 

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love it! Well, along with the foodie goodness, you did get to your sewing machine and accomplished something cute. My machine sits lonely and untouched for entirely too long, so you've inspired me. Looking forward to seeing you other project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We've had a grey january in NJ too. ICK! We did finally get a dusting of snow last night, but it's supposed to head back up to the 50's over the weekend - Hmpfff!

    I'm always home (with my son) so I'm cabin fever resistant - lol! I've been catching up with my shows on line in the afternoon and hooking and crafting.

    Hope you had a good swim/walk :D

    gena

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! Just adorable! Can't wait to see the other craft. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh.. LOVE that cupcake Sherry, and I'm coming right over there, I am, to have a piece of that cheesecake with you! (0; Wishing you a blessed and very Happy New Year! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cupcake is precious---as was the Ipod case in your previous post. It's my first time visiting your blog, but I'm loving this cheerful place!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry