Sunday, September 12, 2010

Family Reunion

My husband, son, and I attended my family reunion yesterday.  It was held in the city of Euharlee, Georgia.  Here are some facts I read about Euharlee after doing a little research upon my return home to Alabama.  According to Wikipedia:   The name, Euharlee,  is derived from a Native American word meaning "she laughs as she runs." The city has a total area of 4.7 miles. (Does that tell you something of the size of it?) And its claim to fame is that it is the home to Georgia's oldest covered bridge (shown in the below two pics I snapped yesterday). 



Below is a picture of my hubby and youngest son walking through the bridge. I snapped this picture and then my camera battery died. I'm so glad we took the time after the family reunion to explore the bridge and surrounding area.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is gorgeous! I sure hope you had fun at the reunion!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know where that bridge is. I did not know it was the oldest covered bridge in Georgia. I will try to post my pic on my blog right now.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry