Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Roman Shade Project Finished !!!



Following the instructions from the Little Green Notebook blog, I turned an old, cheap mini-blind into a roman shade for the boys'/guest bathroom, and I'm very happy with the results.

The room was a little too girly for my sons' tastes, so we struck a compromise. The pastel colored towels, bath mat, shower curtain, and window treatment were swapped out with dark brown replacements..BUT I got to keep the pink walls!

This is the small window before the manly make-over.



The only supplies needed to make the transformation were:


  • the mini-blind that had been hanging on this window for years
  • a bottle of Fabri-Tac
  • fabric (I used 1 yard for my 32" x 36" window)

I didn't have to go any farther than my local Walmart for the glue and fabric. The faux-leather fabric was $7.97 a yard, and I love it! The pictures really don't do it justice. It is a rich dark coffee-brown with a black design and the back is solid black, making it a room-darkening shade. It even has a leather smell! It was thick enough that I didn't have to line it, and it's washable! I think our local store had just gotten the fabric in. I thought it had to have been made just for our bathroom but another shopper there told me she had already made a lady's jacket out of some and it turned out beautifully. You might want to check it out if you're lucky enough to still have a fabric department in your local Walmart.


Participant of: Transformation Thursday
                 

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sherrie Sweetie...
    What a beautiful share this morning. I love the pink and brown combination. What I want to know is how you changed that mini blind into that Roman shade girl. I can't invision it, so more info. I have a few mini's I would love to make over, and I so adore yours. Yes I do.

    I can't wait to see what you have done with the hamper. I too have a very old one, it is round, can you believe it? You have inspired me to recreate with it. I'll keep you posted.

    From one Sherry to another. Have a beautiful Wednesday sweetie.

    Country hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you could make these from old mini blinds! What a great idea. Yours turned out wonderfully. I'm impressed that your hamper has lasted that long too. I've been through several, because they haven't held up that well. Do you think my 6 kids might have had something to do with that? :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry