Thursday, October 21, 2010

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

And how do you paint a bedroom? Two walls at a time.
At least that's the way I painted my bedroom. Sweet hubby pulled the furniture away from two walls early in the morning before he left for work and I painted those two walls, including the trim, and had the furniture back in place by the time he got home that afternoon. The next morning we pulled the furniture away from the other two walls and I finished painting the room, slid the furniture back in place, and rehung the curtains by the time he got home from work.  


Oops, who is that tired looking lady trapped inside the looking glass?  Speaking of the looking glass...
   


....I also painted the mirror. I changed it from its shiny gold to this creamy ivory and highlighted the details with my beloved gold Rub 'n Buff which I described in my last post..


 
 
Mirror's details.

 




My little green bedside table.

Our beautiful new white ceiling fan was our only splurge for our bedroom makeover.  I ordered it from CSNstores.com and got it in only two days!  And that was with their free shipping!  


I love the peaceful feel of our "new" room.  It's such a special place to rest after a busy day.


Tomorrow ends my "Finish Up My Projects Week." Think I'll get them all finished? Come back by and find out.

Post linked to:  Show and Tell Friday

5 comments:

  1. You are on a roll-you can do it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, so bright & warm.
    Have a great autumn eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ceiling fan ! I paint ceiling medallions - but I think they add soooo much character to a room white or painted !

    The room looks cozy and inviting - great job !
    gena
    www.thehouseonlavenderhill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned about your newly-painted walls in your comment so I thought I'd take a peek. Your room is pulled together and beautiful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry