Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Contentment:

 noun
1.  a feeling of calm satisfaction

That defines this day for me.  My guys are at their respective jobs and schools and I am home.  Home is just where I want to be on this windy, misty fall day.  I peek out my back door...


...and give thanks to my heavenly Father for allowing me the blessing of staying home and nesting on this drizzly day.  I can spend the day in my little sewing corner doing what I love to do best, or.... 


...I can pass on some of my blessings to my family.  When they walk in the door after a long day they can be greeted with a smiling wife/mom, a clean, inviting home, and a tasty, comforting supper.  Or, I can do both!  I am so grateful for my life.  I am so contented

There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction. ~ Salvador Dalí (1904-1989) Spanish surrealist painter

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to die! God Bless Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel blessed that I get to be my youngest grandson's babysitter. Pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just grateful to be walking this precious earth ...

    Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, I'm content to stay home on rainy days too. My problem is I tend to pamper myself and use the quiet time to go through all my favorite magazines..I also make a nice dinner but nothing else get accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry