Monday, January 24, 2011

A Happy New Week!

I woke up this morning with a song in my heart and flowers on my table.  What a beautiful beginning to a brand new week!

I linger over my toast and coffee while enjoying my flowers.  There's nothing else I'd rather be doing on this cold winter's morning.





According to my calender it's going to be my favorite kind of week; meaning no appointments planned. I love puttery days at home.  Last week was just that type of week for me. It was frigid outside but all warm and cozy inside.  I used the days to catch up on some little jobs:

I made toothpaste. It's such a complicated job. :)  I pour baking soda into a recycled spice bottle with holes punched in the top. That's it!  It's the only toothpaste I've used for years. It's easy to use, just wet my toothbrush and sprinkle on a little soda. After getting used to it, I don't like regular toothpaste anymore.  Really!


Then I made my antiperspirant. I used my normal recipe of 1 part baking soda to 1 part corn starch but instead of adding Tea Tree Oil this time, I added a few drops of Sweet Orange essential oil.
 


The label on the bottle claims this sweet smelling oil will clarify the skin, cheer the mind, and brighten the spirit.  I notice I feel cheerier just stirring it all together.

I put it in my happy little ceramic deodorant container and pop in my fluffy new powder puff.


It's such a sweet way to add freshness to my days.


Now back  to this brand new week and what I want to accomplish; I want need to make soap (we're down to our last two bars from the last batch, oh my!).   And I want to finish another project I started last week; making a slipcover for this freebie chair I got.  It's proving to be quite the job.



I've enjoyed our visit today.  Please come back soon.





Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave. ~ Winnie the Pooh



10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, happy post! And thank for showing how to make
    antiperspirant! You are so talented.
    Bless you and pray you have a very special week!
    love,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's great that you make so many products at home. Sounds like you are quite productive these days. Happy hands, happy heart! Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so happy Sherry! What a nice post...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love puttery days at home too, Sherry!

    Your sweet little sitting area looks so cheerful. LOVE your chandelier!

    So you really like the baking soda, huh? I remember feeling dreadfully deprived as a child as we HAD to use it because we were so poor! Maybe I have a mental block! Ha!

    I get to see my grands tomorrow so I'm cleaning/playing house and setting up a new play area for them today! I haven't been doing much cleaning lately- just crafting. ButI do love a clean house so clean I must!

    Keep on having a happy day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'mron Sherry ~
    Such a peaceful share today ... I had not herd of the home created anti-perspirant but as kids we used baking soda as toothpaste all the time.

    Pop over for our Valentine's Giveaway

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry! Oh, what a pretty snap of your breakfast room with those gorgeous flowers! Now aren't you the most creative one making all things things! I'm impressed.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flowers! And it's not even Valentine's Day yet :) I'm sure your are decorating by now! I hope the chair project is going well. I can't wait to see pictures! Love you,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi sherry, thanks for visiting cottage romance and leaving such a nice comment on my kitchen chandy. your little yellow eat in kitchen is sooo cute! i love yellow! i love your chandy too, it is very similar to mine! hope you come back for a visit! ~D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post Sherry. It makes me think of all the advertising hype we've just absorbed all these years for products of dubious value and danger to our female bodies (anti-perspirant with aluminum, as one example). You encourage me to get back to basics.
    Thank- you!
    Sillygrammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this post. The beautiful kitchen nook and the great ideas for personal care products. So many times we have been sold a 'bill of goods' for things that are not good for our sensitive bodies. (Anti-perspirant with aluminum chlor-hydrate) Thank you for letting us know about options.

    Love Sillygrammy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry