Friday, March 18, 2011

Will the Real Me Please Stand Up?

I love pink kitchens!


from Country Living's 500 Kitchen Ideas

In fact, my kitchen has been through it's pink phase for the last few years.  Then I made THE curtain.  I loved the brightness and cheeriness that it brought into my  little kitchen again.  It made me wonder if I wanted to put my kitchen back through it's red phase.  Then I found the picture below,

from Country Living's 500 Kitchen Ideas

and thought, why not just be me? More eclectic. Forget color schemes and trying to make my kitchen fit the latest style.  So, here's one last peek of my kitchen "before."  Because it's soon going to be much more me, uncluttered but with splashes of bright color!


While reading this book (which I thoroughly enjoyed),

I came across this wonderful quote:



You know what?  I think it works for me!  Have a great day!

~ Sherry ~


13 comments:

  1. I wish I looked like that housewife with the pearl necklace holding the cake carrier! I certainly need to downsize my stuff this year. Cute posting; have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful to have a kitchen and a family to cook for.

    Love Sillygrammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sherry! I'm sure my house would give a decorator a fit! Each room is a different color scheme but I don't care! Enjoy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehhe i like the quote. Happy PS! Mine is up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday!

    I absolutely love your pink kitchen and the quote!

    I am hosting an auction on my blog of vintage and antique linens ~some are pink! :)

    Come by and take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel I have so many decorating taste. I think girls like us should be decorators, you get to have all the fun but not have to live with it all the time and get to do a new style all the time!

    I love the housewife picture. For years I have taken house cleaning time to sing and dance and to pray. I have scrubbed my toilets and been thankful for this house to clean and the shelter it gives.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the different kitchen styles! Awesome!
    Happy Pink Day!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the second kitchen! I'm afraid I'll never be THAT bored... Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pinks Sherry! I am thankful for a family to cook for too. The quote is very good and right on too, I might add! One can always find something to do! Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

    Blessngs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I can't wait to see what your kitchen is going to look like! I'm very confused, because I love red, and I love pink too, so I'm trying to have both and I think it's a big mishmosh!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not cook much anymore just for me. Mine certainly does not look like this pretty pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink kitchen is FABULOUS! I just painted my kitchen cabinets sage green and LOVE them here is my link http://hitherecupcake.blogspot.com/2011/02/kitchen-cabinet-makeover.html

    I am your latest follower!! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again sherry, hope your fine, I just love the photos of those kitchens and would dearly love mine to look like that, would have to stretch it a bit first tho! can't wait to see finished results. x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry