I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!
I don't like darkness settling in before 5:00 p.m., or even earlier on cloudy days.
I don't like not being able to take an after-supper walk with my sweetie because it gets dark before we even start our meal.
I don't like the closed-in feeling that comes with the early evenings.
I want more light, more sunshine, more happy things in my fall and winter days!
Thank you for listening to my whining. And now....
I have a Plan!!!
I plan on LIGHTING up my life!
I'm starting with winter blooming flowers for my backyard garden.
I plan on going to a plant nursery tomorrow and bringing home some pansies to plant outside my kitchen window.
Those little smiling faces will make me so happy while I wash dishes at my kitchen sink this fall and winter.
I want to cheer up our home.
I've been searching for bright ~ but cheap ~ ideas to chirp up our living spaces.
I love the brightness in the rooms below:
I have a list of some other things that I hope will help fill the shorter winter days with cheer:
- fill bird feeders with food to attract a wide variety of winter birds (I enjoy bird watching out my patio door in the winter)
- add lemon to my tea/water (lemon tastes like sunshine! :)
- play uplifting music
- get more caffeine ~ (my favorite idea :)
- keep volunteering in the kindergarten class
- keep up weekly eat out date with my friends
- daily exercise (walk outside when possible or exercise to a DVD when I can't get out)
- take advantage of every minute of sunshine possible
- buy a cheery new coffee cup
Do you have any ideas I could add to my list? I would love to hear how you deal with the shorter fall and winter days. Your comments always cheer up my day!
This post is linked to: Whatever You Want Wednesday