Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I JUST CAN'T GET USED TO THE TIME CHANGE!!!

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!
I don't like darkness settling in before 5:00 p.m., or even earlier on cloudy days.
I don't like not being able to take an after-supper walk with my sweetie because it gets dark before we even start our meal.
I don't like the closed-in feeling that comes with the early evenings.
I want more light, more sunshine, more happy things in my fall and winter days!

Thank you for listening to my whining. And now....

I have a Plan!!!

I plan on LIGHTING up my life!
I'm starting with winter blooming flowers for my backyard garden.


 

I plan on going to a plant nursery tomorrow and bringing home some pansies to plant outside my kitchen window.
Those little smiling faces will make me so happy while I wash dishes at my kitchen sink this fall and winter.




I want to cheer up our home.
I've been searching for bright ~ but cheap ~ ideas to chirp up our living spaces.
I love the brightness in the rooms below:

simplecasualliving.blogspot.com


images.meredith.com


micasarevista.com

 


vintagehome.tumblr.com



homegoods.com



justinetaylor.tumblr.com



creamofwhite.tumblr.com



inspirationfordecoration.blogspot.com


 inspirationfordecoration.blogspot.com

I have a list of some other things that I hope will help fill the shorter winter days with cheer:
  • fill bird feeders with food to attract a wide variety of winter birds (I enjoy bird watching out my patio door in the winter)
  • add lemon to my tea/water (lemon tastes like sunshine! :)
  • play uplifting music
  • get more caffeine ~ (my favorite idea :)
  • keep volunteering in the kindergarten class
  • keep up weekly eat out date with my friends
  • daily exercise (walk outside when possible or exercise to a DVD when I can't get out)
  • take advantage of every minute of sunshine possible
  • buy a cheery new coffee cup
Do you have any ideas I could add to my list?  I would love to hear how you deal with the shorter fall and winter days.  Your comments always cheer up my day!



This post is linked to:  Whatever You Want Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. I have to say, I'm the opposite.. I LOVE the winter !!! It feels so snug and cozy here and the nights are longer and snugglier.

    Maybe it's because I don't really go out (I'm home with my son who's pretty much housebound), but these early nights make me feel a little bit more "homey" :D

    That said, LOVED all your inspiration photos... thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curling up with a good book in front of a nice fire is always a cheerful thing in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like me ... loved your piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your list!

    I hope to get some of those spectrum light bulbs this winter. I definately deal with the blues in the winter and I know it's the lack of light.

    I'm also continuing with our outdoor sports as long as we can. I've promised myself not to huddle around the wood stove this winter and consume huge amounts of sugar! I have to stay active and get outside as much as possible. That's hard to do when it's yucky outside but I have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt realise you had a time change in Alabama? Do your clocks alter like ours? In the North East of Scotland and most of the North of England we appreciate the clocks going back an hour. The children get to go to school in daylight and return. Just.
    I dont mind so much drawing the curtains in the evening earlier, knowing in the morning I will see daylight.
    Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos of the cheerful homes. They would brighten any winter day for sure! I like the time change simply because our daughter was going to the bus stop in the dark every morning. But I agree I do not like the dark in the evening. Shelley barely has time to get in a riding lesson before darkness sets in.

    Caffeine sounds like a plan to me, Sherry! I just picked up some of the Starbucks Thanksgiving blend, and I am getting ready to make some.

    Yummy!

    xoxoxoxo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like it getting dark so early either. We don't have time changes here, but it is getting dark around 5 pm and the nights just seem soooooooo long. By 7 pm, I think it is time to go to bed. :/ Good luck with your plan to brighten things up. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry