Sunday, December 5, 2010

My "New" Tea Cart!

I've been dying to post pictures of my new tea cart, but wanted to wait until I got it painted.  Now for the reveal!  I found the cute little glass shelved cart for $12 while visiting an antique shop during our camping trip at Desoto! I've been wishing for one for years!



I covered the ugly shiny brass color with Krylon's Ivory gloss spray paint and put it back in its corner in my dining room.



I promptly dressed it up for Christmas by adding a most colorful decoration on the bottom glass shelf...


...and on the top shelf; a couple of peaceful doves, my home-made feather tree and... 




...good ole Santa.  All the prettiness makes me so happy!




”Pretty

Pretty in Paint

14 comments:

  1. Sherry that turned out great! Love the decorations also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cart! I'm lovin' your hand made feather tree, it's really neat:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely blog you have (I'm loving the tea cart and its decorations). I came from T's Daily Tresures - Tammy - to get the peanut butter cookie recipe and think I'm gonna stay. Thanks for the recipe and such wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That color certainly brightened the little tea cart up and you've dressed it beautifully. I see that your fireplace got a great face lift too. Truly does lift the whole area the way you painted and revamped it. My post yesterday was about your yummy peanut butter cookies that have become an easy favorite around here. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry!
    Great job! I love the feather tree too, and the 'snowy' santa pic! So festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so pretty! I have a feather tree and it is my very favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! See, I would have passed it up and never thought about painting it. I adore how it looks in the creamy white!!!

    Enjoy the season!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sherry. Your tea cart is lovely! I'm your new follower and invite you to visit me anytime and follow me, too. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing with what paint can do and your creative touches. YOU made that tree! THAT is creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sherry, your tea cart re do is just so pretty. It looks so much better in creamy white than the brass finish.
    With the decorations on it, it's magical, and your feather tree....perfect. I would love to know how to make that, Char

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry! How pretty your tea cart vignette is. What a great deal on that cart. I've looked at those at retail shops several years ago and they were $75.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Sherry! I can't wait until I have internet and can visit with you more often! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love the feather tree! Thank you for your comments on my blog, I am now a follower on yours!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry