Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Lunch

I like to keep Sundays as relaxing as possible. That means that not a lot of cooking and cleaning goes on around here on this day, but I do like for our family to come home to a hot lunch after church. So, I'm on the constant look-out for quick or Crock-pot meals. Thinking that I might not be the only one that likes to take Sundays off while my slow-cooker does my job for me, I'm starting a regular Sunday post. Each Sunday I'll try to post what my family has for lunch that day. I'd love to hear about your Sunday meals. If there's enough interest, I might have my first linky party. :)

Here's our Sunday meal this week:

Beefy Bean Burritos

6 (8-10") flour tortillas
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can (15 oz) black or kidney beans, drained (I used leftover pinto beans.)
1 pkg taco seasoning * (my home-made version at bottom of post)
shredded cheddar cheese

1. Cook meat and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is browned; drain. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
2. Add undrained tomatoes, beans, and taco seasoning; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Pour into slow cooker. Cook on low heat for about 4 hours.


When you're ready to serve:
3. Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in 350 degree oven 10 minutes or until warm.
4. Fill each tortilla with meat mixture and add cheese.

We like them topped with sour cream, salsa, and jalapeno peppers. (We love our food very spicy!)


* Homemade Taco Seasoning

2 tablespoons chili powder
5 teaspoons paprika
4 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 teaspoons onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix well. Use 3 tablespoons mix and 1 cup of water for each pound of browned ground meat used.

Post linked to:  Made by You Monday

4 comments:

  1. Sherry this is a great idea. I love using my crockpot and keeping it very easy on Sundays. This looks really good and I like your homemade taco seasoning mix...I'm going to make this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, thanks for the recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great family meal. I also love the idea of posting your Sunday menu each week. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Easy and sounds de-lish!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry