Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Autumn at Home

Fall is my favorite season.
It brings with it some of my favorite things;
cool crisp air
colorful leaves
soft warm sweaters
slow cooker meals
hot oatmeal with pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon
football games
and most of all
pleasant days spent at
Home
 
My sweet hubby picked me a bouquet of Black-eyed Susans to brighten up the kitchen table.
 



We're having a rainy fall so far but that's okay because

I love sharing an umbrella with my best friend.  It's like we're in our own little blissful world when cuddled under our big ole umbrella while taking our evening stroll.
It's the perfect way to unwind while sharing with each other about our day. 
 
 My front yard flower garden is still going strong with
one last blast of color before the first frost hits.






Mrs Garden Spider is keeping watch over the bright blooms.  She has a few unsuspecting breakfast guests in her web on this cool, crisp fall morning.

I leave her be as I pull weeds from my flower bed.  She seems as happy in her little fall home as I am in mine.




I have my nest all ready for fall too.
There's a cuddly quilt thrown over the back of the porch swing.
The perfect warm touch for a cool fall evening.

 
Our front porch is my favorite fall place to enjoy a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.
 
 
Home is my favorite fall place.


“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” 
~ L.M. Montgomery

Linked to Show and Tell Friday

4 comments:

  1. Love your front porch garden and banana spiders are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the choice of pictures for the post and the words for the post. They are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds altogether lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the L.M.Montgomery quote, Sherry!
    Your house looks VERY cozy! I love October, too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry