Sunday, August 4, 2019

The Summer of Sweetness

Earlier in the summer, I declared this my
Summer of Sweetness  

Why? Because I had come into the summer beating myself up over a strained relationship I had (still have) with a close loved one. I dwelt on it almost constantly, day and night.  It pulled me down and stressed me out.  My body was beginning to rebel.  It's amazing what can happen to a body when it is stressed, things I never dreamed that could be stress-related, but certainly have found them to be. 

I did everything I knew to do about the strained relationship, but couldn't fix it.  So, I had to release the problem, as much as possible anyway, and start treating myself with kindness.  I wanted a reminder of my new theme, because I know me, I'll go right back to my fretting and beating myself up without some kind of reminder.  What would remind me of sweetness, softness and love?
                             
                            I know! 
                                                 The scent of Strawberries and Cream!   
So, I set out to surround myself with the scent.    I start the day out by indulging myself with a sweet~scented shampoo and conditioner. 
photo courtesy of
www.vo5haircare.com 

I take my time and enjoy the sweet scent every morning as I remind myself that life is sweet and I am loved.
 
     (As an aside; I have rediscovered VO5 shampoos and conditioners!  But that is a post for another day.)

 
                           Then I went to Ulta with a gift card in hand (that I'd had since my birthday last July!) and found other sweet reminders for my Summer of Sweetness.

My evening shower routine is sweetly scented with The Body Shop's Strawberry Shower gel.
photos courtesy of
www.ulta.com
 


                                        And then I soften all the rough spots with
                                     Strawberry Body Yogurt, also from
                                                                    The Body Shop.

 

   So, surrounded by all these reminders of the sweetness in my life, do I ever digress back to the fretting and trying to fix everything myself?  Yes.  But if I really focus on what is good in my life, what is right, what is sweet, then I climb right back out of that hole and carry on. 
 
                                                                    
    For the happy heart, life is a continual feast. 
                                                     ~ Proverbs 15:15b
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Well, now I wanna go buy some of these sweet smelling goodies:) We all have things and people that drag us down. So happy to hear that you are trying to put it behind you as much as possible. Have a blessed day dear Sherry, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, I am a blog friend of Theresa and decided to visit and say Hi. It's nice to pamper yourself with sweet smelling fragrances. Something to look forward to both morning and evening with your products. Wishing you a nice Monday. Mildred in Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to meet you Mildred! I am your next door neighbor (I live in Alabama). And guess what? My mom's name is Mildred. We have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atta girl, Sherry❣️I do know what you're talking about - as I also have a non-relationship with a close relative and have finally decided to stop taking the anger/drama and being the one doing all the giving....only took me 60 years to figure it out! I like your Proverbs quote. I also thought of "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine" and "whatever things are lovely....and of good report....think on these things". I'm so glad for you! And, your sweet strawberry goodies make me want to go get some!!!🍓🍓🍓
    Mary in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, it's so nice to meet you! And yes, I too keep reminding myself to think on the "things that are good, lovely, and of good report," and to quit taking on the guilt. It's "only" taken me 60 years to get here too. :) Thanks for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry