Sunday, January 24, 2021

Things making me happy on this beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon:



Grabbing take-out from Arby's, taking it to a park, and enjoying it there along with the company of my sweet hubby.

 

Blue skies, a soft breeze, lots of sunshine, 62 degree temp, and a great walking trail around a big, big lake.


A festive air still hanging around the park with the park's Christmas lights still in place.


An Indian mound to climb up on and view the whole park.
(And we did!)



A comfortable place to sit down and rest from all our walking.
In the background I could hear the creek bubbling along behind the swing, birds singing their happy tunes, a train whistle a few miles away.
Ahhh, peace....




And something else that makes me happy are good quotes.  I've mentioned before (here) that I am a collector of quotes and here are two that I found just today that just seemed to fit my day perfectly.



And...

"Ice cream is exquisite.  What a pity it isn't illegal."  

  ~Voltair


Oh, speaking of ice cream, this little Jamocha shake added quite a bit to my happy day.                                  

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful day yesterday! What a gift in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that porch swing in your park! I would love to sit there and people watch.
    62F! How wonderful! Up here in MA it's been in the 20s. Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a wonderful Pacific winter storm here in San Diego county today! Windy, rain off-and-on, even some hail earlier!! 2 days ago we had a wonderful full-arc rainbow! Loving this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, this might seem an odd question but you weren't in Cave Springs today were you? I may have seen your twin!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm home with a couple of grandkids today. I sent you an email.

      Delete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry