Monday, April 18, 2011

You never know what a week will bring...

Last week was a week of blessings.

Our family shared several meals around our little breakfast room table with some special visitors. A few lunches were shared with our older son's co-worker.  Our youngest son brought home some of his college friends one evening to meet his family and share a meal with us.  Out-of-town family dropped by and stayed over the weekend. 

The most wonderful part of it all was that they were all unexpected visitors!
That meant that I hadn't fretted before they came.  I didn't have a bit of time to worry about cooking a huge meal.  I didn't have time to worry if the house was perfect.  We just warmed up left-overs and enjoyed special time together.  And we were all happily fed; body and soul.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for knowing just what we need.

6 comments:

  1. ...the difference between Hospitality and Entertaining ;)
    Thanks for sharing!
    RHOnda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Sounds like you had one special moment after another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry that's exactly what the doctor ordered (that's what I say).
    Sounds like you had a fab time with one another.
    Happy week
    Love Claudette
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOmetimes it's the little things that make all the difference. I am happy you enjoyed fellowship with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind of company & visits. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    Have an EGGS-TRA blessed Easter ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the best kind of visits, no stress involved, just joy and fellowship. My problem is, my house is always a mess so I really stress when unexpected visitors show up. :/ I gotta get organized and stay on top of things so that isn't an issue but so hard with these days of dust. Hope you are having a terrific Tuesday. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so happy you're leaving me a comment! ~ Sherry